Monday, November 24, 2008

Last Class Questions 11/24/2008

I have always been very interested in politics. Growing up my family has always been very conscience of politics and it has been passed on to me. I feel that it is my duty as an American to be informed about my country and who is running it and so I’ve always followed media coverage of government and politics.

My attitude towards politics after taking this course has grown even stronger. The discussions and activities in the class helped reaffirm my love of following and discussing politics. It was also refreshing to be given the opportunity to speak about politics with my peers and people my own age. Usually young people don’t have much interest in politics, but that wasn’t the case in this class.

In this course I learned that not only do I have to read news from sources I like and trust, but I should also look for outside news sources that I otherwise wouldn’t turn to.

I don’t know what you could do better with this course the next time it’s taught. Class would start every day with a clear cut objective, but we were also allowed to stray from the main subject and explore different paths as well. It wasn’t rigid and as long as we were having a good discussion and making progress we were allowed to continue…and I really liked that. This kind of environment was very relaxing but incredibly productive.

Thanks for everything Doc!

No comments: